Manufacturing, assembly, test and service support of precision opto-mechanical laser scanners:
- Assembly of precision optomechanical systems
- Optical system alignment using precision instruments and Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Assembly of electrical includes- wiring harnesses, terminal blocks, cabinets
- Operation of rapid prototyping 3D printer
- Sanding, finishing, and assembly of enclosures
- Light machine shop work using milling machine and lathe
- System test using PC Software
- Involved with the continuous improvement process
- Onsite and remote customer support
- Travel worldwide 5-10 service trips per year
We are looking for:
- Methodical and quality oriented approach to work
- Experience in operation of machine tools and precision hand tools
- Keen interest in the product, how it works, and pride in the finished article.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of computer networking
- Self-Motivated and willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills
- Great Attitude
This is a hands-on position in a small company environment with opportunity limited only by the candidate.
The ideal candidate will have a BCIT or similar diploma in Mechanical, Robotics or Electronics Technology with several years of experience in a high technology manufacturing environment. We will consider recent graduates with a sincere desire to pursue a career in high technology manufacturing.
3DM Devices is a developer and manufacturer of complete systems for making real-time 3-Dimensional measurements using laser scanning. We have expertise in optics, mechanics, electronics, embedded systems and application development. The company markets and sells it products on an OEM basis to a small number of established customers. 3DM undertakes all design, development and manufacture of these products and provides all the hardware, embedded software and PC client applications for calibration and support. For further information, see our website at www.3dm.com
Our other main markets are scanning systems for real time industrial QA and QC applications and real time railroad track gauge and profile measurement. Additionally, we provide fast, high resolution, large format scanners to the rubber industry for demanding applications in process control.
We are located in Aldergrove in the Fraser Valley, where life is calmer, housing is still affordable, and true work-life balance is achievable. There is also a company subsidized van operating daily between downtown Vancouver and 3DM via the Port Mann Bridge, for those who prefer to commute. Work hours are flexible with the opportunity to take time off or pay out banked hours. Employees are also encouraged to continue education, with the company contributing to the costs of courses or new certifications.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org